Where I had sections of paint against each other, I carefully painted against the existing color with a small detail brush, and then filled in the rest of the section with a larger brush. The gold shimmers in the light!
Top section, done!
I finished all of the painting and pulled the tape. Most of the edges were crisp, but where I had a little bleed through the tape I just went over with white paint.
When the paint was completely dry, I set my iron on the second-to-hottest setting (with NO STEAM) and heat set all of the paint. This is necessary if you want to wash the duvet. Which you do, trust me. With my four kids hopping around on the bed I will be washing this baby all the time. And then wrestling the duvet back into the cover!
I then washed the duvet inside-out on cold and let it air-dry. The fabric dried really quickly, and looked great. No paint loss at all.
I love how it turned out!
I also painted a matching Euro sham. For the next post I will give the tutorial on how to easily sew any size sham or throw pillow. Happy duvet cover painting/wrestling!